Thursday, July 16, 2009

List of plays, recently...

Seen around NYC...

"Our Town," by Thornton Wilder, directed by David Cromer
"Ivanov," by Anton Chekhov, performed by a group out of Hungary
"Monstrosity," a new play by Lucy Thurber, a member of 13p
"A Map of Virtue," by Erin Courtney, a member of 13p, at New Georges
"The Chimes," by Kevin Christopher Snipes, at SPF
"Reborning," by Zayd Dohrn, at SPF
"Job," by Thomas Bradshaw, a reading with Soho Rep/the Lark
"Stunning," by David Adjmi, at Lincoln Center
A night of poetry by Abraham Burickson, which I include because I'll be talking about it soon...
Two new play readings by members of Youngblood -- the memorable one being by Robert Askins, a play set in Texas.


I saw far, far more last summer -- but the theater so far this summer is far, far better.  I'll get into why, and get into questions, in the next few posts.

No comments: