My theater company is doing W;t.
My friend has Cancer.
He's keeping a blog.
Several posts ago, I mentioned that we are the same playwrights as we are people (the same teachers as we are people...etc). If this is true, and I think it is, then that necessarily expands the scope of this blog (and you may have noticed a shift in postings since I brought it up). The work of our lives IS our lives, not in a selfish "I'm going to go do yoga and talk about myself all the time" way...although admittedly I'm not above that... but in a "how can I connect the moments and days and interactions with the broader sweep of how I/WE move through the world, learn from the world, contribute TO the world, and make art or whatever we make in the world."
My friend, La M, or Cancer Cupcake, as he is affectionately known, is very good at this, I think.
His blog is a daily inspiration.
Today he talks about food, the taste of it, getting as much of these amazing tastes as he can before Chemo starts.
I will be commenting on his blog occasionally, and checking it often. I recommend it. A daily meditation on illness, life, community.
http://www.squirrelsintheattic.info/
No comments:
Post a Comment